Monday, October 17, 2011

Mmmm....caaannnnddddeeeee

There are times when sugar cravings just go through the roof. I mean, let's be honest, there are times when you could just dive into something with reckless abandon and joy because, you're an adult and get away with it!

Halloween I think truly brings that out. Let's face it, how many times have we bought a bag of candy only to realize that you need another one.

There are few times where I worry that my "girl card" is going to be recalled (I mean, I'm a girl, but well follow me here). For example, I'm not a huge chocolate fan. There are times it's good and majority of the time...meh.

Cheesecake. Um, I couldn't stand to eat it (or even more than 2 bites) until the last year, two tops. Before then, no thanks. But I could make a killer cheesecake - no interest whatsoever in it.

Some people are sweet treaters.

Some are savory.

Some are tart.

Yeah, not so much for sweet, but tart and savory? Oh yeah, those would be me. Favorite candy of choice as a kid? Sweetarts.

First birthday? Butterscotch pudding pie. You couldn't make me eat a cake...well not until I started Kindergarten, then I realized I had to convert.

Love Smarties. Oh if it's a really good bag, I can eat the whole darned thing...acid burn to my tongue and all!

New fav? There is a great little candy store not too far from the house. I like to indulge every so often and riffle my way through the Sunkis Fruit Gems to pull out the Pink Grapefruit candies. OH.MY.GOTT. to quote Tammi.

Seriously! Why isn't there more Grapefruit and Pink Grapefruit candy out there? It's sweet, it's tart, its savory...it's got it all and its oh so good.

So yeah, come on world. I need Pink Grapefruit candy! Now I have a mission...to find more!

Bwahahaha!